Land Special Issue "Climate Change Adaptions and Pathways for Tourism and Landscape Management"
Submissions until 30 September 2023
The editors invite all interested parties to contribute to the next special issue of the journal LAND (IF 3.905) “Climate Change Adaptions and Pathways for Tourism and Landscape Management”.
Edited by Hélder Lopes, Paula Remoaldo, Vitor Ribeiro and Juliana Alves, this special issue aims to provide insights into adaptation strategies and directions for tourism landscape management in a climate change context by discussing some of the following research topics:
– Understanding the impacts of climate change on the landscape and tourism activity;
– Identify the challenges and opportunities for tourism industry professionals in adapting to climate change;
– Explore innovative and sustainable adaptation strategies for landscapes and tourism activity;
– Assess the effectiveness of current adaptation measures and identify gaps in the literature;
– Examine the role of stakeholders in the climate change adaptation of landscapes and tourism activity;
– Assess the challenges and opportunities for rural or urban tourism destinations in adapting to climate change;
– Assess the vulnerability of wine landscapes to climate change and identify adaptation measures that can increase the resilience of the wine tourism industry;
– Explore the potential of emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), big data and blockchain to support climate change adaptation and resilience;
– Identify good practices and case studies at international level.
+ info: https://www.mdpi.com/journal/land/special_issues/29GN33U2LL