H]EART.H | Crianças, Tempo e Lugar
The Vernissage of „H]EART.H | Children, Time and Place“, curated by Professor Cidália Silva (EAAD-Lab2PT) and supported by Bellen Zevallos (PhD student at EAAD-Lab2PT), was held on the 12th of May at 7pm,
at the School of Engineering and Architecture of SRH University Heidelberg.
This exhibition aims to highlight socially engaged interdisciplinary practices that reclaim the role of children in architectural research,
practice and discourse. We include ‘time’ as the “fourth teacher,” on the assumption that ‘space’ is generally recognized as the “third teacher” (Loris Malaguzzi) by numerous authors from various disciplines.
„H]EART.H | Children, Time and Place“ is the result of a selection of seven practices from seven countries:
▪ “Adventures in Town&Land-scapes” by Marta Somoza with Colectivo.Re.Creo, Spain;
▪ “Architecture with Children” by Samy Lansky, Brazil;
▪ “Collective Design Pedagogy” by Nicola Antaki, India;
▪ “Form Follows Kids’ Fiction”, by dieBaupiloten, Germany;
▪ “Learning Fields” by Cidália Silva with ProChild CoLab, Portugal;
▪ “Play-Act” by Rosana Montiel, Mexico;
▪ “Schools that make more than Schools” by Semillas, Peru.
12th of May of 2022
School of Engineering and Architecture of SRH University Heidelberg
Cidália Silva Bellen Zevallos